Wednesday 26 January 2011

update

Time flies, and it is the last week of 2011's first month. CNY is up soon. Fingers crossed for it to be truly happy and erm, smooth. That's all we can ask of life.

It is a nice feeling being able to earn one's own dough. For once I feel in charge, and careful at the same time not to overspend any cent.

Still, there is a real risk that I may not make it this May, and the trepidation is... tremendous. While telling others not to let short-term jobs distract them, I'm now in a hole I've cautioned others against. Minus holidays and lazy-days, time is ticking, and 4 months look like a loaf of soft bread. 

On another note: a friend just broke another's heart, I heard... Never-ending tales of romances (puppy love?) and heartbreaks and whatnot. It seems a high task to ask of today's youngsters to be just friends with the opposite sex. Somehow, someway, they end up being valentines, or not. If cupids really do exist they must be sleeping on their jobs now.

I still maintain that 20 is an awkward age, being neither here nor there. Tapping on the stubborn door of adulthood after freshly exiting the adolescent period feels kinda weird in many ways. Nevertheless, this year is the beginning of more appreciation of life and youth. The formula? Plan a good plan and make it happen, no matter what, even if I have to do it alone. Life never waits.

High school girls are a curious and vibrant bunch; perhaps I have forgotten what is it like to go to school everyday and only worry about homeworks and the person next class. They seem to chatter happily away on any occasions on any topics; careless to some extent, but I feel envious. Some say they are the best because they don't age! Hence the saying, I suppose: fish for a fat fish using a long rod, simply meaning a long-term investment. 

And yes, she's pretty and attractive and very lively.

No comments: